The YORK® commitment to building quality home comfort products began over 140 years ago. A manufacturing company founded in 1874 in YORK, Pennsylvania, started making ice machines to replace the shipping of ice from the Great Lakes. The "YORK" company soon extended their expertise in refrigeration to other areas:
- In 1914, YORK® installed a revolutionary "air washing" comfort system in the Empire Theater in Montgomery, Alabama. This was a precursor to what became known as air conditioning.
- In 1924, YORK® equipment was used to create the world’s first air conditioned office building in Fresno, California.
- Today, YORK® products are heating and cooling some of the world’s most famous structures, including the Empire State Building, the English Chunnel, U.S. Capitol Building and the Sydney Opera House.
Dedicated YORK® Contractors have also installed YORK® products in millions of homes throughout North America. Their training in proper installation and service ensure unsurpassed comfort and energy savings that lasts.
In 2006, YORK® became a brand of Johnson Controls – a Fortune 100 company and a leader in world-class manufacturing. This alliance has allowed us to invest in industry-leading research and development to deliver a wide range of products with the features requested most often:
- High energy efficiency that reduces utility bills
- Reduced outdoor operating sound levels
- Space efficiency for smaller homes and living spaces
- Attractive designs that complement your home
- Easy-access panels to simplify routine maintenance
Designed, engineered and assembled in North America, our residential products undergo performance and reliability testing that is unmatched in our industry, ensuring energy savings and lasting performance for years to come.
Addr:1800 W Hawthorne Ln, West Chicago, IL 60185